Vacancies & Bookings
SHNC Long Day Care & Preschool is heavily booked. There is a waiting list to attend SHNC and we recommend that you either contact us or complete our online form.
Weekdays: 8.00am – 4.30pm. We are closed on public holidays and for 2 weeks during the Christmas to New Year break.
SHNC Long Day Care & Preschool caters for a maximum of 25 children per session. We have space for up to 10 in the 6 months – 2 years age group and up to 15 in the 2 years -5 years age group.
At SHNC Long Day Care & Preschool we aim to offer competitive fees so that parents/carers can continue to pursue personal interests, work, rest etc. All meals are included in the fees. Please note that payments are required two weeks in advance.
The fees below are current and SHNC reserves the right to amend them at any time without notice.
Age: 6mths – 2yrs
Age: 2yrs – 5yrs
$25 once only
NOTE: A late pick-up fee of $2.00 applies for every 1 minute after 4:30pm!
Priority for Allocating Places
SHNC Long Day Care & Preschool is an approved child care provider under the Australian Government Department of Education. This approval allows qualifying carers to apply for rebates on our fees, but it also imposes on us a prescribed priority system regarding the allocation of spaces.
The following is extracted from the Australian Government Department of Education website from which more information can be obtained:
Parents and carers enrolling their children in SHNC Day Care are advised that the above priority system is in place at our Centre.
- First Priority: a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- Second Priority: a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the ‘A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999′
- Third Priority: any other child.
Within these main categories priority should also be given to the following children:
- children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- children in families which include a disabled person
- children in families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income does not exceed the lower income threshold of $42,997 for 2014-2015, or who or whose partner are on income support
- children in families from a non-English speaking background
- children in socially isolated families
- children of single parents.
A child care service may require a Priority 3 child to vacate a place to make room for a child with a higher priority. They can only do so if you:
- are notified when your child first entered care that your service follows this policy
- are given at least 14 days notice of the need for your child to vacate.